Today is the Day I Almost Burnt Down Frankenstein
That’s right peeps today we had a fire and not the nice campfire kind.
We were setting up to take showers and getting everything ready. I was boiling up water on our coleman stove on the table beside our pup when the wind blew the tapestry on our awning over the stove and it lit up. I mean this tapestry lit up like a Christmas tree that you left sitting in your living room till February.
Jamey was in the little tent already showering when I started screaming and running around like a crazy woman. I’m throwing the pots of water I’m boiling on the fire and emptying water bottles sitting around. He sticks his head out the tent and I’m thinking we’re good when he’s like it’s still burning. He jumps out the tent stark naked and wraps a towel around him while I run around the table.
I start ripping the tapestry off the awning and throw it on the ground. I flip the shower tent over, grab the bucket of water we’re using to shower with and throw it on the still burning tapestry. Finally the fire is out and I can start breathing again. I look over and thankfully Frankenstein the pop up doesn’t have a mark on him.
So we lost the tapestry and a tarp, but thankfully not the pup. We usually always wrap up the tapestry before starting the grill or stove, but forgot today. We got lucky today plain and simple. This could of been so much worse. This is also why we have a fire extinguisher right by the door of the pup. I could of grabbed it easily, but we had plenty of water nearby to use.
Jamey got a minor burn on his hand also. He was trying to pull burnt material off the stove and it was still extremely hot. It blistered and popped within minutes. We put some antibiotic on it and it should be fine. Lucky it wasn’t anything worse.
So moral of story…learn from my careless mistake. Trust me it is not one I will make again.